Network Engineering Manager
The role of Network Engineering Manager is based out of the UK office to lead the support and management of the Network team across the EMEA region. The Network team is responsible for the support of L2, L3 & L4 requests, priority escalations including severity outages and, and management of client’s network infrastructure and services. Working in close coordination with the Executive Team, the Network Engineering Manager will have responsibility for ensuring that network infrastructure remains operational with the primary purpose of delivering exceptional client experience.
The Network Engineering Manager will be responsible for the coordination of resources for network upgrades/refreshes and ad-hoc projects. As the primary senior support member on the Network team, the Network Engineering Manager will be a critical component in documentation, training, and the development of Engineers with the goal of expanding the network support function of IWP. The Network Engineering Manager is expected to be solution-oriented, process-driven, and accountable for the overall success of the group.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Managing a team of 1+ network engineers across across the EMEA region
• Manage the network schedule and delivery of critical and non-critical network infrastructure projects; projects including firmware upgrades, equipment RMAs, network refresh and new location openings
• Monitoring and reporting the overall status of tickets in the ticket queue and ensuring incidents are coordinated, logged, tracked, and resolved appropriately
• Develop and maintain key operational trackers for team visibility and reporting of mission-critical metrics to various stakeholders
• Creating and consolidating formal process and technical documentation based on best industry standards
• Isolate and resolve network related service problems, diagnose and correct problems resulting from equipment failure or normal use
• Ensure continual process improvement is achieved in regards to automation of network related tasks
• Set clear business-based targets for service performance so that the delivery of a service can be properly assessed, monitored, and managed against these targets
services. Holding said providers and vendors accountable to provide the expected level of service
• Isolate, diagnose, resolve or escalate network related service problems resulting from equipment failure or normal use
• Reviews technical documentation of supported environments to ensure that documentation is accurate and up to date.
• Mentor and provide guidance to other networking team members
• Interact with members on calls whenever is needed.
• Escalation point for the other networking team members in the group.
Experience and Requirements:
• 6+ years of relevant industry experience.
• CCNP certification
• Juniper certified a plus
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in an efficient manner, as well as delegate responsibilities and tasks to direct reports
• Availability to work outside prescribed business hours for large-scale or escalated network outages and incidents
• Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
• Ability to learn and adapt to new standards and provide critical feedback to the architecture team
• The ability to convey technical information to both internal and external stakeholders
• Experience working with network monitoring applications
• Knowledge of and working production experience with wireless controllers, both local and cloud-based (e.g. Cisco, Mist, Ruckus)
• Knowledge of and working production experience with help desk ticketing systems (e.g. SalesForce, Zendesk, Jira)
• CCNP or higher equivalent certification
• JNCIS or higher equivalent certification; classes and/or training is also accepted
• Experience supervising a service desk queue and responding to customer support requests
• Experience with network management/administration in a similar environment such as coworking or campus style environments.
To register your interest, please send your CV together with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org